Friday, April 01, 2005

Finally starting to feel human again

Today my Palm alarm woke me at 8 (when I am normally at my office and about to start my shift answering phones, so I have the Palm nag me so I'll stop whatever I'm doing and take up my phone task); the office where I work as a long-term temp is closed today in observance of a California state holiday, the birthday of labor organizer Cesar Chavez.

(It does seem odd that the day of the observance is -- April Fools Day.)

I realized that I was actually breathing through my nose -- which meant it's not so stopped up any more, and that I didn't ache all over or feel feverish. I didn't rush out of bed or anything, but by noon I had eaten some Grapenuts, toasted some cashews for a snack later, and tackled the sinkful of dirty dishes that had accumulated while I was ill. -- Rachel

No comments: